Fashola Says He Could've Ended up Being a Post Master

Nigeria's multiple portfolio minister, Babatunde Fashola, has revealed that he almost ended up being a post master earlier in his career. 

 
Speaking at a group mentoring programme for enterpreneurs organised by Young Business Leaders of Nigeria (YBLN) in Lagos, Fashola said his passion kept him from treading that path.

Fashola, after graduating from University of Benin (UNIBEN) and he was unemployed, his father presented him with the opportunity to work with the Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST). 


This was at a time working with NIPOST was a dream job. While he realised it was a fantastic opportunity, he was extremely passionate about litigation and thus turned down the offer, and opted to pursue a career as a lawyer.

“I had a different passion and that was being in the courtroom; I therefore had to go for my dream to find a job that would help my career. It took me a while before I could get a job and that meant I was jobless for several months after NYSC”, he said.

He however encouraged the young entrepreneurs to pursue their careers with a view to realising their potentials.

Comments