1. Black Friday is an American shopping tradition.
2. It is the day after thanksgiving. Do you know what thanksgiving is? Thanksgiving Day is a national holiday celebrated in Canada and the United States as a day of giving thanks for the blessing of the harvest and of the preceding year.
3. Black Friday is an official US holiday; many employees have the day off -except those working in retail.
4. Black Friday is regarded as the beginning of the Christmas shopping season.
5. According to Wikipedia, the day is named ‘Black Friday’ because many retailers report some of their highest profits on that day. The black portion of the name, "Black Friday" relates to businesses recording their losses in red ink and gains in black.
6. Amazon started offering Black Friday deals in the UK about five years ago. From there it spread round the globe.
7. It is currently the world’s biggest day
8. Black Friday has occasionally been associated with violence as shoppers often get wild and impossible to transfer.
9. On Black Friday, you can get as much as 70percent discount on items.
10. 2015 Black Friday is expected to be the biggest day of online spending in history.
11. Some Christians are of the opinion that the shopping holiday shouldn’t be celebrated because Good Friday is the real Black Friday.
12. Black Friday sales is not limited to online stores, offline stores also celebrate the shopping holiday.
13. Black Friday is not a public holiday in Nigeria.
14. Most online stores will allow you to pay with your card or pay on delivery.
15. Pay on delivery is the best option for Black Friday if you’re shopping online. Some stores have been known to sell substandard products.
16. Nigerian online stores with special Black Friday offers include : Jumia.com.ng , konga.com , yudala.com , Kaymu.com.ng , mallforafrica.com , dealdey.com
17. Some top deals offered include – Infinix Hot 2 with 50% off and Playstation 4 500GB for 40% off..
Wow!!! Let’s start shopping.