Ekiti: Fayose Escapes Impeachment as APC Lawmakers’ Tenure Expires



Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti state may have escaped impeachment as the tenure of the 19 All Progressives Congress, APC, who had been at loggerheads with him has expired. 

The new Ekiti state assembly is dominated by members of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP with no single APC Lawmaker. 

In a broadcast calling out his supporters to celebrate Fayose said, ''I want to thank the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, members, commercial drivers and motorcyclists, market men and women and citizens of this state for their continued support for me while the face-off lasted.

''With the expiration of their tenure, there is relief for me and my administration, and it is now time to perform my duties as governor of the state. In view of my travail in the hands of the outgone lawmakers, reprieve has now come to my government and I can now feel like a governor.

Comments