N605m Fraud: I Knew About The Money, But I Wasn't in Charge Then - Orubebe




Nigeria - Former Minister, of Niger Delta Affairs, Elder Godsday Orubebe, has denied having any connection with the N605 million said to have disappeared during his tenure. 

He was yesterday grilled by the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission, ICPC, for about two hours over the issue.

But speaking with Vanguard later, he says he had nothing to do with the money. 

“I have heard them mention my name as if the money was taken under my watch. The truth is that I had left office before the money was allegedly taken. It did not happen during my tenure and that is what Nigerians should find out.” 

“Yes, I went to the ICPC the other day to clear my name. I told them what I knew about the money said to have been stolen and made it clear to them that it did not happen under my watch,” the former minister said.

Comments