Chelsea's Defeat: Read Bakary Sako's Reaction



Crystal Palace winger, Bakary Sako, has said that their plan of keeping the ball from the reach of Mourinho's men paid out.

The Mali international scored and also provided an assist that made his side subdue Chelsea 2-1 on match day 4 in the ongoing 2015/16 English Premier League season.

Sako revealed the victory at the Bridge made "it a fantastic day" for the entire team who have amassed 9 out of 12 available points so far this season.

“The plan today was fantastic, we kept the ball well when they (Chelsea) turned it over to put them under pressure and we also showed some great teamwork. We always felt that we would have an opportunity to get a goal," Sako said after the game.

“Sometimes it is my job to track back and defend, it’s not one of the best bits of my job but I was delighted it helped and with the goal today. The first attempt was blocked but I kept believing and the ball came back to my feet and I thought ‘yes, that’s my chance to sore’ and I did.

“We didn’t drop back when they scored and instead went back to attacking them and got that second one to make it a day to remember.”

The famous win at Chelsea means Palace picked up another win on the road under Alan Pardew’s management after beating Arsenal away from home in their season opener.

Against Chelsea on Saturday, Sako opened the scoring in the 65 minute and then set up Joel Ward for the winner eight minutes from time.

“It’s been a fantastic day. It’s not easy to come and win at Stamford Bridge but I’m delighted. We had that feeling that we could do it before the game and get a win because this is not their best start, and we have a really good squad who are playing well and are confident," said Sako.

“I’m very happy to be involved in this squad. I missed the first couple of games because I had to get my fitness right and played for the under-21s before the gaffer put me on the pitch, and I was happy that I scored last week and the same this week.

“I was really confident that I could play in the Premier League and I wanted to prove to everybody that I could to keep up the good work that I was doing at Wolves. We have a really good team and a strong squad so we’re going to keep working to get better and better.”

Comments