Unizik Student With 108 ATM Cards Nabbed by NDLEA in Lagos


Nigerian security agents have arrested 34-year old Pascal Udeh with 108 Automated Teller Machine debit cards, at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, while he was attempting to board a Qatar Airline flight to China.

 

The debit cards belong to five commercial banks, the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency said in a statement on Saturday, adding that Ude h is suspected to be working for an international criminal organization.

Ahmadu Garba‎, the NDLEA Commander at the Lagos airport, said the suspect was arrested in connection with suspected money laundering and was immediately transferred to the Assets and Financial Investigation Directorate of the Agency for investigation.

The suspect denied ownership of the cards.

“I am not the owner of the cards, I was told to take them to China and that somebody will collect them from me when I get there. I have a shop where I sell clothes at Onitsha main market.

“I am also a 300-level student of Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka, Anambra State studying History and International Relations. I never knew it would lead to my arrest.”.

The suspect hails from Obibi in Orlu Local Government Area of Imo State, the NDLEA said.

pascal udeh.jpg 


Premium Times

Comments